Search This Blog

Sunday 10 May 2015

How To Travel The World With Almost No Money (TEDx Video)


Traveling does not have to be expensive. There are many ways to make it pretty cheap. This guy has got some great tips for traveling on a budget. I haven't tried all of these but I'm definitely an advocate for Couchsurfing and some of the other money saving tips.

Like he says this type of travel isn't for everyone, but it is an option. Most people think of travel as a lovely vacation where you stay in a plush hotel, having extravagant meals and partaking in lavish shopping trips. But travel can be fun without being incredibly expensive. You just have to be willing.

When I was young, traveling with my parents was great but now that I have to finance myself I've made a lot of concessions. Many of my trips now aren't very extravagant, but thats all part of the charm. Truth be told my standard of living drops significantly when I travel now, but I enjoy making ends meet and the absurdity of some of the situations I need to get myself out of. Yes, I do enjoy going to nice restaurants, but I also enjoy making my own meals while on the road.

How about you guys, do you think you can travel spending as little money as possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment