Search This Blog

Sunday 24 May 2015

Losing Your Bag When Traveling

Your bag being misplaced on vacation may seem like the worse case scenario but you can live through it, without completely ruining your vacation. First of all, some planning before hand is really helpful. If you act as though you could loose your bag at any moment then you are already off to a good start.

1. Pack whatever you have with the bare essentials. For me that's a shirt, underwear and a toothbrush. For some that may be more, for others less, whatever you need to stay clean and happy. Personally as long as I'm still able to brush my teeth I'm pretty happy.

2. Make sure you keep at least a little of your money separate. Always have access to some sort of funds always. I'm never that worried once I know I can purchase whatever I need. Money can't make you happy (apparently) but it's one hell of a consolation prize.

3. Buy travel insurance. Insurance is one of those things you don't need until you need it. But the truth is when you are abroad anything can happen and unlike home you don't have a safety net. Travel insurance won't solve everything but you only really need something to go wrong once and you will never forget to purchase it again. It also helps to have peace of mind.

4. Make sure you are easily accessible to the airline. Them knowing where you are and a local phone number to call is crucial. It makes it possible for some good karma to come your way and possibly get your stuff back. But if you don’t, they aren't going to be able to help you out.




No comments:

Post a Comment