Search This Blog

Sunday 14 June 2015

Travel Music (George Ezra - Wanted on Voyage)



George's album 'Wanted on Voyage' could be the only travel buddy you need on your next trip. I discovered his album on a particularly grueling flight from Sydney to New York. I had just finished my fourth movie and I was looking for something different. Luckily, they were advertising Ezra as a featured artist and I knew the song 'Budapest' from before, so I bit.

On the first listening, he managed to sing me to sleep. Which was appreciated since I'd given up on sleep after two sleeping pills and no effect. But on the second listen, I'd found a travel brother. Listening to him was like having a conversation with another traveler, where you don't have the same experience but you know exactly where they are coming from. Its that traveling communality that binds us all.

According to the commercial, George wrote most of the album while he was traveling. It shows. Name dropping all over the album; Amsterdam, Budapest, Barcelona, he's not shy about letting you know his passport is pretty active. But more than that, its the experiences he talks about, the randomness of the encounters. That are profound but ultimately fleeting. Everyone can relate but travelers are the ones that really understand.

If you are traveling remember to load him onto your iTunes: George Ezra iTunes

And if you want another sample:


No comments:

Post a Comment