Search This Blog

Sunday 11 September 2016

Working On Your Blog While Traveling

Traveling should be about being in the moment. Experiencing things wholeheartedly so that you are able to maximize the journey you are on. But how do you balance that with work? I've found that when I'm traveling although I'm inspired, the last thing I want to do is work. My reasoning is, I should be able to work because I have free time. I should be able to give the blog the attention I can't while I'm working a regular job. However, working kills the adventure.

The problem I'm facing, which I know most people struggle with is, that elusive work and life balance. How do you get the rest you need while still being productive in a meaningful way? Thinking about it, it's a catch-22. Writing about the amazing experiences I'm having, stops me f
rom fully experiencing them. It takes you out of the experience itself and forces you to see it as a marketable commodity.

The reality is blogging is hard work. Any job is hard work, especially if you are trying to be good at it (even more so if you aren't being paid). It requires a lot of time and effort which are limited when you are only in a location for a couple of days. It takes a lot of time sitting down and writing a post and believe it takes even more effort to force yourself out of a comfy bed after a long night out to open your computer and stare at the screen begging for words, photos and videos to materialize. Personally, this blog came out of a need to use my travel experiences and thoughts. I've done some things and I needed to share them even if it is just being launched into cyber space without a paddle.

I think the moral of this story is; work is hard, travel is great and balancing the two is damn near impossible. But if this is the path that you have decided to take, its also necessary. So have fun when there is fun to be had and try to make the best of those necessary lulls in action, like an eight hour flight to China. What do you think? Have any tips on how to blog while you traveling?

No comments:

Post a Comment