Search This Blog

Sunday 27 November 2016

The Asian Squat: To Do or Not to Doo?


The Asian Squat is a full squat with your feet firmly planted on the ground, no tip toes. It may not seem like a big deal, but traveling to Asia has definitely opened my mind to this position. Mostly because it seems like everyone in Asia is doing it. The smallest of children to the oldest of adults, while playing, eating and everything in between.

The reason why it stuck out to me so much is because they seem so comfortable, almost as if they've lived their entire lives in that position. Its natural. Meanwhile when I tried to copy, my legs hurt and it felt incredibly unnatural to not pop onto my toes (More proof that I'm one of the worst Asians ever). But now I can comfortably stay in that position for like 5 mins. Win.


They say when you are in that position its easier to poop. Which brings me to chinese toilets. I haven't experienced this since I've been in thailand. Maybe because I've been going to all the right places. But chinese toilets are basically just porcelain holes in the ground, which you asian squat over to use. They say this opens up your bowels so you are able to use the bathroom better, but whatever help it does to my bowels, I'm pretty sure it would ruin me mentally. Regardless, the asian squat is a funny little cultural thing, gotta appreciate the little things. Also I have a theory that it might be the reason a lot of Asians have nice big calves.




No comments:

Post a Comment