Search This Blog

Sunday 11 December 2016

Pokemon Go: Awesome TravelApp



There was a lot of buzz recently about PokemonGo and its massively successful launch. Personally I see it as an incredible TravelApp more than anything else. You may not think of Pokemon Go as a travel app, but I think it may just be one of the most innovative ones out there right now. 

1 - It rewards you for travel (walking). It helps you maximize the time spent traveling, and I'm always looking for things I can benefit from while on the road. Also it documents the location where you got a Pokemon. So you kind of have a cool memento of that place when you get awesome Pokemon there.

2 - It touches on a piece of nostalgia I never thought I would reconnect with. I loved Pokemon when I was younger and I know anyone born around that time had the same experience. Collecting the cards, watching the show, playing the games, there was always something Pokemon related to do. This helps me feel like I didn't waste my youth. Although in reality I'm probably just wasting my 20's too. Hell at least its been a fun ride.

3 - It has a map. Instead of just looking at Google maps you can be looking for Pokestops and Gyms. Plus it's a map so once you have an idea of where you are going you shouldn't get too lost.

4 - Its just entertaining as hell. One of my new favorite feelings is the moment after a Pokeball stops shaking and I know I've officially caught that sucker. Win.

5 - Its super social. Anyone else who plays knows how addictive it can be. It helps to have someone to go walking with when you are looking for Pokemon and Pokestops to raid. When you get too a Pokestop with a lure and you see a bunch of people with their eyes glued to their phones it almost makes you want to scream, "These are my PEOPLE."

But those are just my thoughts on this new fad as a traveler. What do you think? Better yet, what games do you play when you are traveling?


No comments:

Post a Comment