Search This Blog

Sunday 20 September 2015

Post Crossing




Postcrossing is an online community of people who love sending and receiving postcards. The idea is pretty simple. For every postcard you send, you receive one. Basically its your chance to be penpals with the world.

I found Postcrossing on a dorm notice board. I walked past it for almost a month before I noticed it. But once I started, I was hooked. I love getting mail. Love it. Getting mail from strangers halfway across the world is even better.

Moving back home to the Bim made me a precious commodity. A lot of the people on Postcrossing are trying to collect postcards from around the world. While its easy to get a letter from Germany or USA. There are way less Bajan postcrossers in circulation, so although I'm not open to private swaps I started getting loads of requests from people around the world, asking for some mail. Honestly, I reject the majority of the private requests. But every once in a while, I'll get a special request which I can't deny.

As you can guess a lot of the people on there are travelers, or travelers at heart who haven't had the opportunity. I've gotten cards from some really random places, with some great stories. I got a post card from an Australian lady, who runs a blog, FlyingFishInc. Its great! She makes postcard art and journals her travels. There's even a post of the envelope she sent me.

If you love postcards or you enjoy traveling and are grounded for a while, join Postcrossing. It will help feed your travel bug for a while. And if you want some inspiration to spice up your postcards check out FlyingFishInc.

Happy Postcrossing.


2 comments:

  1. Just started my postcrossing.com account. Looking forward to feeling the excitement as you wrote here.

    Salam, from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. I hope you love it.
      I'm actually in Bali right now. But if you would like I can send you a postcard when I return to Barbados.

      Delete