Search This Blog

Sunday 18 October 2015

Paradise Falls from Up

Angel Falls / Paradise Falls
Brittanica/Disney taken from Mentalfloss.com

I've been pretty obsessed with Up recently; and Disney for literally my entire life. Up is that perfect Disney mix of sad with a 'Happily Ever After'. Ellie and Carl are two of the best examples of adventurers at heart I've every seen, and I genuinely wish they had a chance to see the world, even if they didn't actually need to.

Its funny that, Paradise Falls, the place Mr. Fredricksen wants to move to with Ellie; actually sounds more like an retirement home than anything else. Which made me wonder; is Paradise Falls a real place? After a quick Google, search I discovered, IT IS!

Well, kind of. Angel Falls is found in Venezuela and it's the highest uninterrupted waterfall in the world. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it is incredible. Even more importantly, its going on my Places To Go List.

For more on Angel Falls, go here.
For more Real-Life Locations That Inspired Disney Places, check out this article from mentalfloss.com.
And if you have never seen UP. You should reevaluate what you have been doing with your life and go here immediately.

Any movie places you guys need to go? Let me know in the comments down below.


No comments:

Post a Comment