Search This Blog

Sunday 11 October 2015

Passports


The older I get the further in love with my passport I fall. I could entertain myself for more time than is acceptable, just looking at all the stamps, and reminiscing about all the great trips I've been on. I love it, and the more I travel, the more I appreciate it. If I could fill an entire passport I'd die from  pure accomplishment. 

My dad gave me a bunch of old passports, he had laying around when I was younger and I recently went through them. I never met my grandmother on my father's side but I do have her passport. Looking at her photo and reading her name is always a good time. She probably didn't value here passport the way I value mine but it still makes me feel a little closer to her. I know where she went and the photo of her is better than most of the ones I've seen.

With a few decades even the ugliest passport photos become cute. My tips are, keep all old passports, even the ones that don't belong to you. Pay close attention to the stamps in your passport. And if you don't have a passport, get one immediately. Even if you don't really have a need for it. Just have it on hand, you never know when it will become necessary.

So what is your favorite stamp in your passport? Let me know in the comments down below.


2 comments:

  1. Favourite stamp is Panama. What's yours? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Hands down, St. Eustatius. Makes me feel all worldly and different.

      Delete