Search This Blog

Sunday 10 April 2016

Wally's Smokehouse



Driving around Trinidad my cousin pointed out a smoke house that he wanted to try. A man with impeccable taste for meats, I was instantly intrigued. We passed it at first but on our way back, tired and rather starved we made one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. Stopping at Wally's Smokehouse.

There's a few meats on the menu that I didn't expect like lamb but I guess in Trinidad, lamb is more common than you would expect. But I got the impression these guys knew what they were doing so I went along for the ride. We got chicken, ribs and lamb. A fairly good selection, I'd say. The minute I saw my chicken I knew this was going to be a proper treat. The chicken was cooked perfectly, the skin had a crisp to be in awe of, while the meat wasn't dry at all. I've got to say, my questioning lamb on the menu was a bad call. The lamb were ideally seasoned and impeccably cooked. Delicious.

When I finished my feast of food. We had a chance to talk with the man himself, Wally. Talking to him you knew he cared about what he was doing and everything was a food choice. He chatted about the potatoes he preferred for the fries, how his meat guy cut the lamb too small and how he may know one of my uncles. Only in the Caribbean can you just go for lunch at a random place and realize they know your family. Great Food. Great People. What more can you ask for?



No comments:

Post a Comment