Search This Blog

Sunday 26 June 2016

Leaving Switzerland



Moving here was a incredibly unlikely move for me. When I first started researching schools, The Swiss Hospitality Management School (SHMS) was by far the most unrealistic choice. It was far away, it was expensive, it was in a country I'd never been to, it was just too nice. The problem is when I get crazy ideas, sometimes they happen. Its a blessing and a curse really. (Read more about my experience moving to Switzerland here.)

Luckily, hindsight is 20/20 and now that its all done, I still can't believe was has gone down here. Seriously, how did I move to Switzerland and do my masters? I was present every step of the way but I always expect something to happen that brings everything to a screeching halt. But it never happened. Everything just worked itself out, for better or worse, I'm still here.

I knew getting into this I never wanted to live in Switzerland forever, but it will always have a special place in my heart. I wondered if I could live somewhere that wasn't an island. Somewhere that was completely unlike what I'm accustomed to. And I realized, in the mountains, that it is possible. While this experience has taught me that I can't do everything, it has also made me realize, I can survive more than I thought.

Now I'm getting ready to leave this immaculately beautiful country and all I can think to myself is, I hope I can learn as much somewhere else. Switzerland, you've given me so much and I can't thank you enough. I probably won't see you any time soon but that doesn't mean I can't take you with me everywhere I go.

Tell me about your experiences leaving somewhere you never expected to go. Or better yet, what crazy ideas have you had that just seemed to work themselves out?



No comments:

Post a Comment