Search This Blog

Sunday 22 May 2016

Moving To Switzerland

This post is long overdue. I've been in Europe for a while, I think I've alluded to it a bit but I haven't officially said anything. But I'm here. And its great. It's not quite what I expected, but I am enjoying myself.

Before this trip, I had only been to London in Europe and it was great. I got the sense that Europe was the same as everywhere else I had been but just with a little bit more history. Switzerland for me is a whole other beast.

I chose to come here because of the school, The Swiss Hospitality Management School (SHMS, I may be referring to this guy a lot in my future posts). Like New York, I never really saw myself moving here but I was persuaded under the right circumstances. I was actually really scared to move somewhere that wasn't surrounded by water. But so far it has been an incredible experience.

Before I came here I'd never been to Switzerland. It was a leap of faith and it has worked out marvelously so far. What I'm trying to say is, sometimes you don't know where you will end up and why you will end up there. But that doesn't really matter. Just go. See what happens. And know that whatever shit you get yourself into, it will be alright. And Switzerland is an incredible place which you might not think of going automatically, but its definitely worth a visit.

My stay here is actually coming to an end, and I will be on to my next adventure soon but thats for another post. So, where have you moved to? Why did you move there? And how was that experience? Let me know in the comments below.




No comments:

Post a Comment