Search This Blog

Sunday 15 January 2017

Why I Love Traveling.

The thing I love about travel isn't always the seeing new things. Its not the where you should go or the what you should do. Its the thoughts and ideas and experiences that come out of it. Yes, going somewhere and doing something is the medium that brings out the thought, but its the thought thats what is really interesting. How something opens your eyes and makes you think. How being in that particular place changed you. And made you realize certain things. The experience may be the way you will react to certain stimulus. It may be something you don't particularly like, but at least now you know.

There are many different ways to travel and every travel experience is a thing in itself. Sharing places you went and what you did is important. But the main focus is what did it really mean. That meaning can be difficult to find and may not even show up until later but I think it is pivotal. Hell some parts may not seem that important, but its all part of the story. People are a sum of their experiences. Travel opens you up to experiences that you probably won't be able to get from sitting in your living room. You could watch tv, you could read a book but there is something to be said for going outside and taking in that view for yourself. All other mediums are second hand. Experience is allowing yourself to take in something with only your filter.

The truth is you don't have to travel to have profound thoughts and to experience life. For me though, its just easier to always be learning and stay open to new things if I am constantly putting myself in new situations. Or putting myself in the same position but handling it differently because of another recent experience.

I love seeing and doing new things because of the ways it changes me, even if I don't realize what it has done at the time. What if thats the reason travel is the greatest therapist? Because you do or see something and then you are allowed to ask yourself, 'How did that make me feel?'


No comments:

Post a Comment