Search This Blog

Sunday 8 November 2015

Bucket Lists


Now that you've watched Morgan Freeman explain what a Bucket List is; I should let you know that I love Bucket Lists.

I actually forgot I made a Bucket List from when I was like 13 or 14 then I found it and I was like, 'Hey, this is a good place to start but maybe put stuff on there that someone older than 13 would want to do.' So then I started adding to it, and from that the Ever Growing Bucket List was created. Pretty much every year on my birthday I add 5 more things to the list. They range from big long term impractical goals, to small things I could probably achieve tomorrow. For example,

30. Learn 3 other languages.
56. TP a house.
61. Go to Space.

Bucket Lists are good because they can focus your life. A list of things you should be doing with your life. They may not necessarily make your life better, or you may not get the experience you thought you would get. But at some point you thought this thing was important enough for you to say I want to do that with my life. My Bucket List, keeps me grounded. Sometimes when I'm feeling lost, I look at it and it reminds me of what I should be doing. Travel is a huge part of that since, most of the items are just things I need to go and see. From what I gather most people have at least one travel item on their list, and I think thats because travel is such a huge life goal; everyone knows they should probably be doing more of it.

Seeing someones Bucket List also gives you a good understanding of a person's inner-thinkings. This guy (Matt Bray), actually has a great bucket list and is recording most of his accomplishments on his YouTube channel, ProjectOneLife. You may remember him from my post on 100 Days of Dance. Its pretty epic and throughly enjoy watching this guy just live life.

Also, there was a pretty spectacular teenager by the name of Rebecca Draper Townsend who was in the news for pushing her friend out of the way of a truck, saving her friend's life. Her bucket list was short and sweet.
  • Kiss in the rain.
  • Fly to Spain.
  • Save a life.
I don't think she had any idea of what that meant to write, but I'm impressed by her story and her balls to follow through. Check out more of Rebecca's story here in this SourceFed article, and for more check out the Facebook Community growing around her story.

On that note, do you have a Bucket List? If so, whats on it? Not that I'm being nosey, I'm just interested in what you plan on accomplishing by yourself. Because number 23 should definitely be Finish an XL Pizza alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment