Search This Blog

Sunday 29 November 2015

Wanderers - A Short Film By Erik Wernquist


A friend of mine who is fascinated by space and science posted this short film on my Facebook page. It's not your typical travel video, since all the scenes are fake, but it does inspire me. Again, a beautifully shot video with an inspirational voice over and I'm a goner.

Number 61 on my Bucket List is "Go to space"; I know this may seem a little unrealistic, but I kind of don't care. I really want to go to space. How cool would that be? Like, super cool, thats how cool. We are advancing so rapidly, I think its only a matter of time before we get there. Whether its through necessity or want, sooner or later we are going to expand to the rest of this universe. Sometimes being a wanderer means going somewhere uncharted. Space is full of exploration possibilities. I'm looking forward to when we have the opportunity to investigate it further.

Although the images are fake, the film is based off of scientific ideas. All the locations are places in space recreated based on real photos and map data. Its amazing the amount of thought went into this video. If you are interested in the places depicted, take a gander at the gallery section, it has additional information explaining what you are seeing.

Since this isn't really a reality right now, enjoy the video and dream of the next phase of exploration. If you want to check out a High-Def version of this video check it out here. Also check out Erik Wernquist's site, this guy is an astonishingly talented digital artist and you should check out more of his stuff.

So if you had to explore space where would you want to go? A Black Hole? The Sun? Mars? Take your pick and let me know in the comments down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment